Friday 9 February 2018

Filming First Ever Makeup Tutorial on YouTube

As it is valentines day next week, I want to create a makeup tutorial for my YouTube channel. A big thing at the moment is affordable, drugstore makeup so i've decided that all the products I am going to use are going to be affordable as this ties in well with my USP as I am aiming my blog at students. My biggest challenge for this tutorial is going to be finding a drugstore foundation that I actual like using and matches me well.

Whilst going through my makeup, I came across my L'Oreal True Match foundation which I think is probably the best match i'm going to get and I thought it would be helpful for others with my skintone to know which shade I use.

I decided to film at 1pm as the lighting was best at this time of day. I decided that this was not going to be a talk through tutorial as I am not that confident with talking on camera by myself just yet. Once I was filming there were a couple issues, first my SD card ran out of storage so I had to use my housemates, and then the camera was about to die so I had to be as quick as I could. I made up the makeup look as I was going but I was happy with the outcome anyway.

From filming this makeup tutorial, I discovered that I actually really enjoyed making videos. It has always been a passion of mine to watch tutorials but I never realised how much work actually went into making these videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stress!

Today has been the most stressful day of my entire FMP process. The past week people have been having meltdowns and panicking however I have...